Women Housing Plan Initiative To Build 500 Houses For Women In Abuja Nigeria
The Women Housing Plan Initiative (WHPI) has said that about 500 women are expected to benefit from its new housing project in Zuba, Abuja.
WHPI is a land acquisition programme through a special package for women
The project, Unity Hills Residence, is situated in Machiyada Community, Tungan Maje, in Gwagwalada Area Council of the FCT. It consists of 500 units of well laid out plots sitting on 30 hectares.
Speaking during the ground-breaking ceremony of WHPI sites and service laid out plots in Abuja, the President of WHPI, Hajia Binta Ibrahim, said the initiative was aimed at empowering women and families to enable them own their own houses through easy terms financing.
She said the project was also to support the federal and state government towards housing for all by 2020 in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, assured of the Federal Government’s support towards the success of the project.
Fashola, who was represented by Eucharia Alozie, noted that government was ready to support organisations and stakeholders in the housing sector that were prepared to complement its effort in providing housing for Nigerians.
Women Housing Plan Limited is a limited liability company an affiliate of Women Housing Plan Initiatives and also a registered member of Real Estate Developers Association of Nigeria (REDAN) and the UN habitat, Nigeria. It primary objective is to help achieve a vibrant and sustainable management and maintenance culture in property development. Abuja-Centenary-City: Tower To Be Named after Muhammadu Buhari
Women Housing Plan Limited is a company registered under the Nigerian business allied matters Act of the.
Women Housing Plan Initiative Objectives
- Real estate development of affordable dwelling homes, shopping malls, market stalls, recreational park/facility management.
- Partnership with government, land owning communities and individual, to develop houses, malls and markets nationwide.
- To foster collective programmes through the (WHPI) Homes Ownership scheme.
- Capacity building through seminars, workshop, skill acquisition and public enlightenment.
Scope of operations
- Construction of Building Structures, Housing Estates and Commercial Complexes
- Construction of Roads and Bridges
- Construction of Gabion /Concrete Retaining Structures for Erosion/ Flood Control and Water Channeling
- Facility Management and Consultancy Services
- Drilling of Bore Holes and Water Wells
- Architectural Designs
Credit: Daily Trust